Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Commissioning Prayer

Faithful God, you called me;
and by your Holy Spirit you are giving
purpose to my life,
empowering me to live a life worthy of my calling.
I thank you for leading me to this time and place,
this ministry and service to your people.
Stir up in me the gift of your Holy Spirit
to serve those in need with compassion and vision.
As I walk in faith,
Supported by the prayers of family and friends,
Pass me your servant's towel
And grant me gladness and strength for the task,
As the Father sent you, please go with me and
Grant me discipline and hope, humility, humor, and courage.
And above all, may others know you by my love. Amen.
John 17:20-26
As I'm leaving for my mission trip to New York City, this quote is my prayer. The bible verse is one that gives me strength, hope, knowledge, and reassurance that this is truly what God has called me to do. I will not let the devil have a foothold & try to bring my down with the difficulties in life. God has a plan for this trip and the next, and my only hope is that His love be shown through all that may happen. Not my will, but yours be done oh Lord!
Thank you for all the prayers leading up to the trip & now. They are most definitely needed.
~In Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment